Pinblock repair

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Wed, 27 Nov 1996 15:25:22 -0500

Bob;
 I would not use TiteBond as it is a high strength Aliaphatic formulation.
TiteBond does well where there are nonshearing forces in action, not so well
where there are shearing forces. Aliphatic glues,as a class, tend to allow
"creep" and therefore in my opinion is not well suited to the type repair
needed for Backs/blocks or sounding board glue down.
  I use 'Weldwood Plastic Resin' glue for this type repair. This is a one
part water soluble glue that is resistant to moisture, when cured, is
extremely strong and does not allow 'creep'.
  Practically speaking, if you use 5/16" carriage bolts in your repair you
can use almost any type of glue.
 I have never used epoxy or boat resin in this application, probably due to
laziness, as I prefer to keep things simple and have been well satisfied with
Weldwood PRG.
 Hope this helps you decide something.
 Jim Bryant (FL)