Concerned

Harry Whitaker whitakeh@eburg.com
Tue, 03 Sep 1996 20:56:47 -0700

At 08:40 PM 8/19/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>Does anyone know of any policy groups that are active in trying to protect
>the old growth forests of the Northwest? A concerned customer would like to
>become more involved. So would we.
>
>Dale Probst
>Ward & Probst, Inc.
>Piano & Organ Service
>Wichita Falls, TX

Dale,

I got the following information from a friend in Oregon who is involved in
activism against logging old growth.
Hope this helps:

"I suggest you have Dale Probst call the Oregon Natural Resources Council in
Portland, Oregon, at 503-223-9001 for information on groups protecting old
growth forest. There are many groups that are helping wage (a losing) battle
in some way. I'm sure ONRC can help point the way for him.

It's nice to see someone from outside the northwest actually aware that the
old growth is in danger to begin with, much less interested in learning more
about what's going on."

Harry Whitaker,RPT
whitakeh@eburg.com