Action Geometry - Help

Jim Harvey harvey@sisna.com
Wed, 04 Sep 1996 23:57:06 -0500

Avery,

I'm just getting this batch of messages. (In fact, am just now
re-subscribed to the list after mysteriously becoming
un-subscribed). So someone else may have responded.

I just wanted to add that Marshall & Wendell's were known for their
'growing' action brackets, making attempts at regulation at least
ambitious if not downright impossible. I hate to make global
inferences, but since I've replaced brackets on three of them, I
believe I can issue this warning with some confidence.

Jim Harvey, RPT
Greenwood, SC

>    I hope I can explain this clearly enough for you to understand. I'm having
> a problem with this Marshall & Wendell grand I'm working on. I've installed
> new hammers and shanks on the old flanges, new let-off button felt, new
> backchecks and new front & center rail felt.

Jim Harvey
Greenwood: The largest city in S.C. *without* an Interstate