S & S upright

Newton Hunt nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu
Fri, 06 Sep 1996 08:02:57 -0400

If you are going to do this for a customer, calculate the price and triple it;
and I mean triple it for real.

If you are thinking of doing it for resale; don't.

If you are going to do it for yourself I would suggest not.

Parts can be had from Wally Brooks at 203 434-0287.  They are EXPENSIVE.

If the damper levers are going, replace them all, and therein lies a tale of
time and woe.  It can be done, I have replaced all action parts in a 1917 K
with excellent results but the time was extreme.

If you need more information let me know.

Alternatively Brooks has done more than one of those nice old pianos so you
might take to him also.

	Newton
	nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu