Yamaha Loaners?

Charles K. Ball ckball@mail.utexas.edu
Fri, 06 Sep 1996 08:06:15 -0500

>        Anyone else having problems with their Yamaha Loan/Lease pianos?
>We are waiting to see if they are still coming this year. Anyone else? I
>was unsubscribed for a few weeks, so sorry if this is an old subject.
>
>John Minor
>Piano Technician
>University of Illinois
>jminor@uiuc.edu

Dear John,

We just received a shipment of 8 Disklavier and Silent Series Yamaha pianos
under somewhat modified terms of their loan program.  It took some
considerable effort to complete the deal, having to keep both the local
dealer and our University bureaucracy on track.  The main sticking point
was the local dealer, who simply did not follow up on details without
prodding.  It also took Yamaha some time to return the signed contract to
us.

We did not receive the exact models that we had requested and had to accept
two Silent Series pianos in order to finalize the deal, but were able to
negotiate a very favorable contract.

Our best assistance, when things became bogged down, came from the district
representative.  I would recommend dealing with this individual on a
personal basis as much as possible; he/she will have more pull than the
dealer, and can probably help get things back on track when they become
sidetracked.

Charles

Charles Ball, RPT
School of Music