Action Geometry - Help

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 06 Sep 1996 09:19:18 -0500

Jim (or anyone else),

   Since I've never replaced action brackets before, when I replace these,
is there anything I should watch out for in relation to action spread, or
anything else? As I mentioned in an earlier post, there is 1/16" difference
between the treble and bass. Should this be duplicated and see if the
problem
corrects itself with the new brackets? Comments?

Avery

>I just wanted to add that Marshall & Wendell's were known for their
>'growing' action brackets, making attempts at regulation at least
>ambitious if not downright impossible. I hate to make global
>inferences, but since I've replaced brackets on three of them, I
>believe I can issue this warning with some confidence.
>
>Jim Harvey, RPT
>Greenwood, SC

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music