Double Reeders (was Re: Fork or Float)

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Sat, 07 Sep 1996 17:08:31 -0400

<< Wait a minute--is there a tendency for double reed players to become piano
 technicians? And/or is there something about the combination of the two that
 makes people end up in Texas?

 Barbara Richmond, RPT
 (who survived a reed in the neck when someone unexpectedly barged into her
 practice room when she and her bassoon were in the way.....)
 Palestine, Texas >>

Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry to hear about your carotid artery or whatever, but WAS
THE REED OKAY??

Seems like this conversation is getting unbalanced (may I use that word where
double reedists are concerned?) in favor of bassoonists, so I thought the
oboists should honk in.

Bob Davis, RPT, Principal oboist, Stockton, CA, Symphony (Texan who got his
Bachelor's from the University of Texas)
my wife Marcia Davis, RPT (oboe/English horn, Stockton, CA, Symphony)
(related to Texas only by marriage)
and do you know Ben McKlveen (oboist) near Cincinnati? (not even close to
Texas)