Cold Season & dirty hands

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 08:58:03 -0400

> One of our piano professors asked if it would do any damage to the
> keytops if she sprayed Lysol on a rag and then wiped the germs off
> of the keys.  I told her that I would ask the "list".  Thanks

I agree with Ron T.  Lysol is not a very good choice.

        This teacher could address her germ problem, protect her instrument,
and perhaps do something to increase her students "instrument awareness"  if
she would require all her students to wash their hands before they play the
keys.

Ed Foote,
{I'm all ears, talkin' bout hands....}