Wurlitzer Full Metal Pinblock

Tom Myler TomMyler@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 17:54:32 -0700

In the early 70's, a technician I was working for brought one of these
grands in for restringing.  He was amazed to discover the metal
pinblock/split wedge pins you describe.  Told me he'd been tuning the piano
for years and had never noticed anything unusual in terms of feel or tuning
stability.   It was a hideous (white faux-antique finish) Apollo "grand".