Harpsichord Wire

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Fri, 13 Sep 1996 21:35:54 -0500 (CDT)

>...Does anyone know of a way to correct one that has already started
>unwinding and/or to prevent a new one from doing the same thing? Maybe a
>drop of CA glue? :-)
>   It's being used for a faculty chamber music concert Monday night, with a
>new faculty member playing it and I need to solve this problem quickly. Any
>help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>   Thanks.

Avery,

You didn't indicate whether you had a becket hole or not, so this will
probably sound a little crude.  Without becket hole take the bitter end of
the pre-wrapped coil, stretch it out some, and tie an overhand knot on the
tuning pin, hold it taut while turning the pin until tension takes over.

I'm certain you don't need to hear this, but will mention anyway.  With a
tuning pin that has a becket hole, run the bitter end through a couple of
times and hold it taut while turning the tuning pin until tension takes
over.

Just don't let the tension go to breaking point, or else you have to start
all over  :-)

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731