Rubber buttons.

Tue, 17 Sep 1996 08:45:42 -0500 (CDT)

Hi gang,

Boy do I feel stupid right now...

Last week the advancement office tells me we have a donor of a
console piano, so I take that person with me to pick up what
turns out to be a spinet pso (1941 Gulbransen).

OK, so it won't hack it in a practice room, It's tunable and the case
is virtually pristine, I'm thinking of putting it in the guest house, but
here's my problem (or at least _one_ of my problems).

The fallboard buttons were osified and/or missing. I have new ones to
put on, but it's been so long I forget how to get that thing down into
the hole. I'm talking the all rubber ones, not the nail buttons. I
obviously don't do refinishing here!

Any tricks/lubricants?
--
Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT     | hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College             | (319)-387-1204