Bench Height

Avery Todd ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 19 Sep 1996 09:59:25 -0500

Newton,
   I love it!!! I'll be sure and suggest this to the director. Maybe
someone should manufacture benches made out of steel specifically for
schools. It
seems like that would be hard to break, even for college students. If they
wanted something softer to sit on, we could make a few bucks by selling
them
the bench pads. :-)

Avery

>        Go find some tree stumps of the right heights.  They will tend to stay
>in one location and will rarely be stolen.
>        On a more practical note, I have been thinking of making boxes that
>have 16" 18" and 20" on a side.  The students can rotate the box to their
>prefered height.  Paint them such ugly colors that they will remain in the
>practice rooms not in someones dorm.  All sides sould be enclosed.
>        I repair some 12 or more benches a year and I am getting tired of it.
>                Newton
>                nhunt@rci.rutgers.edu

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music