stripped S&S hammer flange screws

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 22:36:51 -0600

At 02:11 AM 23/09/96 -0400, Richard wrote:

>I've encountered a handful of stripped hammer flange screws on a model O. Is
>there any effective method of tightening these up, short of the difficult job
>of replacing the rail itself?

Go to your local bolt & screw supply house and pick up flathead sheet metal
screws one size up but the same length.

This was the repair method recommended by Joe Bisceglie ten years ago and
it's always worked for me. It affects the "authenticity" of the instrument
slightly, so if you're concerned about that then plugging (not dowelling)
the hole and redrilling is another alternative.

			John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada