"I just need a few keytops..."

Jim Kinnear jkinnear@blue.georgian.net
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 23:06:27 -0400 (EDT)

In answer to your question about " a few keytops...", I have invariable found
that the truth... "it's very difficult to match the color and shape, but I'll
try if you wish, @ $5 per keytop ( usually just the head) ..." has worked for
me. Often the customer appreciates what they percieve as you not trying to rip
them off, and may consent to sooner or later a complete resurfacing job.
As to where the repository is...??, it's in your shop!!
Always keep the stripped ivories that come off in good condition.  Maybe you'll
need them for one of your pianos that you are restoring for resale.
I'd be interested in the price you fellow readers charge for a complete set of
replacements, installed.  I charge $125 CAN, and have been told that's too
low... comments? ;)
Jim

		         Jim Kinnear, I.P.T.
		       KINNEAR PIANO SERVICES