Breakage, Pitch raise-Reply

UNATUNER@aol.com UNATUNER@aol.com
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 16:41:41 -0500 (EST)

I had a dream last night.  It was a courtroom, the plaintiffs were beginning
their case.

Plaintiff:   Mr. fish@comminique.com, you were the tuner tuning the piano
when the plate broke, correct?
fish@comminique.com:   yes.
Plaintiff: You had just explained to Mrs.Customer that extra tuning needed to
be done to raise the pitch of the piano, correct?
fish@comminique.com:   yes
Plaintiff:  Mrs. Customer's Bosensteinway is a very expensive piano, is it
not?
fish@comminique.com:  yes
Plaintiff:  No further questions, your honor, I would like to call Mr.
unatuner@aol.com to the stand

Plaintiff:  Mr. unatuner@aol.com, you have been tuning pianos for a very long
time, have you not?
unatuner@aol.com:  Yes almost 30 years.
Plaintiff:  Tell me, do you yank up the pitch when it is low?
unatuner@aol.com:   No, I do not
Plaintiff:   Tell me why
unatuner@aol.com:   Because I believe it is potentially harmful to the plate,
bridge, soundboard and strings.
Plaintiff:  Do strings break more frequently when an undue strain is applied
to them?
unatuner@aol.com:  Yes, I believe so.
Plaintiff:   Do you believe a plate could break when an undue strain is
applied to it?
unatuner@aol.com:  Yes
Plaintiff: Are you accepting a fee for your opinions?
unatuner @aol.com:  (Thinking of the times he has called the Worlds Worst
tuner)
"Ablolutely not, I would'nt think of it"
Plaintiff:  No further questions your honor

Plaintiff:  I would like to call Mr. Salesman to the stand
Plaintiff: Mr. Salesman, did you sell Mrs. Customer the Bosensteinway?
Mr. Salesman: yes, I did
Plaintiff:  Could you describe the quality of the piano?
Mr. Salesman: yes, It is absolutely the finest piano in the world.
Plaintiff:  What is the current value of the piano?
Mr. Salesman:  The piano increases tremendously each year. It is worth at
least
3 times what Mrs Customer paid for it.
Plaintiff:  Have you ever experienced a plate breaking under normal
conditions?
Mr. Salesman:   absolutely not. We have never experienced even a sticking
key, these pianos are so good.
Plaintiff:   No further questions your honor, I would like to call Mr.
Bosensteinway to the stand

Plaintiff:  Mr. Bosensteinway, how good are your pianos?
Mr. Bosensteinway:   They are absolutely the finest pianos in the world.
Period.
Plaintiff:  Have you ever experienced a broken plate?
Mr. Bosensteinway: Absolutely not, we have never had even so much as a
sticking key on one of  our pianos
Plaintiff: Mr. Bosensteinway, do you recommend that tuners yank up the pitch
when tuning your pianos?
Mr. Bosensteinway:  Why no we don't. We are unable to monitor what the tuners
are doing to our pianos. We leave it to their  discretion.
Plaintiff:  Mr. Bosensteinway, would you say that it is gentler on the frame
to add tension gently, over a period of time, or yank it up all at once.
Mr. Bosensteinway:  Well, to do it over time.
Plaintiff: How much does it cost to replace this plate?
Mr. Bosensteinway: We do not make these plates any more, the piano must be
replaced
Plaintiff:  I rest my case, your honor

It dosent look good, Warren

The jury returns

Judge: Have you reached a verdict, ladies and gentlemen?
Jury: Yes, your honor
Judge: What is it
Jury:  "APRIL FOOLS"
Judge:       "NOT"

epilogue:  4 months later finds Warren cleaning out his Palm Springs estate
to settle a huge judgement, the deputy cannot locate the Heisman trophys or
any Super Bowl rings alleged to be the last of Warren's final remaining
possessions.

Warren is appealing the decision.

Respectfully submitted by
Jerry Wood