cracked plate

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 17:30:28 -0600

Dear list,
	I remember it well. I was working on tuning up to pitch and Estey console
in around 1967 on the 7th floor shop of Aeolian Co. of MO.  I had reached
the break between the middle and treble when crack like a rifle going off
and all of a sudden no key dip.  It happened to me.  The plate cracked in
two below the keybed.  The piano was bought by me afterwards for $15.00.  I
took it home and used the keys and action for spare parts and used the wood
(Mahogany) for some projects.  The house I lived in at the time probably
has the only genuine mahogany window trim in a bathroom in St. Louis.
	When it happened it scared me to death but fortunately has never happened
since: wish I could say that about aggraffes.

James Grebe from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com