wow

Bob Mishkin bmishkin@ix.netcom.com
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 20:23:19 -0800

Dear Friends,
After finally getting on the list, I see what I was missing.  I now have
a new regular to my daily e mail routine.

On sticking dampers; I have been seeing many pianos, even new ones, with
loose underlever leads.  They can click, and become partially or
completely dislodged, causing the problem.

I would like some input on this:  I have a customer with a circa 1923
Bluthner.  He really loves the piano, and we recently restrung it with
beautiful results.  However, now the action is developing problems, and
the piano really needs new hammers.  Rather than just hand new hammers
nad recondition the action, what would be the feasibility of having a new
keyframe made, and retrofitting a new action stack?  has anyone done this
on a Bluthner, or on a piano with a similar action?  This action is so
obsolete; yet I know how wonderful it would sound driven by a new action.
Or, are there any other alternatives.  I would appreciate your input.
bmishkin@ix.netcom.com