Email Filters, re:putting out the flamers

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 20:05:50 -0600

Ok

We found a way to take care of annoying people/messages. In our Eudora
Email program we have the use of filters under the tools menu. We set up
two filters, with the modifiers of the persons name we wanted to trash, and
just to make sure, the other modifier we made as the "to:" box containing
the ptg-l email address, then we told it to do an action, then made that
action send to, then told it to send it to the trash. Thus we created a
filter that looks at each message for the "To:" box and sees if it has
ptg-l email address in it, and looks in the "from:" box for the persons
name we didn't want to hear from/or waste time reading, and if both these
are true it sends the message to the trash box.

We really didn't want to hear from that person so we made a second filter
that looks the same as the first except the header box for "to:" contains
the ptg-tech list email address instead of ptg-l address.

Guy
c/o TCN-Imp.

(TCN Personal sig file)
Out of my mind, back in five minutes.|
Idiot Box, n.:
        The part of the envelope that tells a person where to place the
stamp when they can't quite figure it out for themselves.
                -- Rich Hall, "Sniglets"