Service Vehicle

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Tue, 01 Apr 1997 21:17:37 +0000

> Date:          Tue, 01 Apr 1997 22:28:37 -0600
> From:          Joel Rappaport <joelr@flash.net>
> Subject:       Re: Service Vehicle
> To:            pianotech@byu.edu

Joel,

You really know how to make a guy jealous....by the way last
month for our chapter technical, Ben Treuhauft gave a run-down
on Cuba.  He said Pris was along and he mentioned something
about a blue-streak and jokes?!  His rendition about when she
realized that this was a political situation was funny!  He
mentioned trying to get some bass string machines in there.  All
in all it sounds like a good cause!!! Yea..... Pris!!!!

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA

> Gittinger, Delbert M. wrote:
> > What do you use as a service vehicle?  What do you like and/or dislike
> > about it?
> >
> Well, I've been waiting for all possibilities and in the interest of
> completeness, I must add my favorite service vehicle.  Our Cessna 182 is
> a single engine, 4 place plane.  I would think that our usual speed of
> 160mph or so would satisfy those who are "alsway in a hurry!"  With a
> nice tailwind, we can go well over 200mph over the ground.  Of course,
> that wind works against us on the way back.  I'm not sure of the
> mileage, but the airframe has over 4500 hours on it.
>
> When we take the back seat out, there is enough room to lay down a
> concert grand action.  The weight and balance limits of the Cessna 182
> are, so to speak, if you can stuff it in the door, the plane can take
> it.   One advantage is scheduling.  We can do a manufacturer consulting
> trip in Texas, Oklahoma or Louisiana and be home that night.  Or we can
> teach a class at the national convention in Kansas City and still be
> able to cover Alicia deLarrocha soloing with the Dallas Symphony and be
> back in KC the next day to teach again.
>
> Pris has loaded up tools, parts, supplies, glue pot, even a drill press
> and flown half way across the country to do an action overhaul on a
> performance piano.  Taking tools through the security checks is not a
> problem and we never have to worry about being late for the flight.  Our
> plane is not going to leave without us!
>
> Talk about fun!  And you learn a lot about the weather, too.
> Just had to share this ;-)
>
> Joel Rappaport
> Fly-By-Night Piano Service

ilvey, RPT