Percussive Tadashi

Donald E. Mannino DonMannino@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 06:50:47 -0800

John,

Sounds like a plate boom to me. Use your fist to bump each plate strut =
individually, and see if one of them (most likely a long one without a =
nose bolt) doesn't make the noise very loud.

I don't know of a solution, but I have heard this symptom before. It can =
be a beneficial part of the piano tone in some pianos.

Don Mannino