Japanese Yamahas

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 17:36:11 -0500 (EST)

>	I am asking for your opinions or experience with imported used Yamahas
>made originally for the Asian market.

Jim:

Of course the dealer is going to tell you that are no problems, but there are
two things about the importet pianos. The first one you have allready talked
about. There have been some problems reported regarding loose pins, etc, as
you mentioned. The second problem, as it was explained by the tech reps at
Yamaha and Kawai, is that the manufacturer will not stand behin these pianos.
They will not honor any guarantee. This might come into play when a customer
tries to get the manufacturer to fix a problem with loose pins, delamination,
or loose ribs.

On the other side of this, however, when I asked one of the tech reps if he
had ever encountered a problem with one of the imports, he said he didn't.

To be on the safe side, I think it would be best if we continued to recommend
to our customers to stay away from the imports.

Wim