again?

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 17:28:20 -0600

Dear list,
	At the risk of starting this all over again, I just returned from a late
afternoon tuning.  It had been a number of years since it (Jesse French
console) was tuned.  Inside the piano in a conspicuous place was a card
from a somewhat infamous tuner in my area.  He is infamous because of the
glue that he uses to plaster his business cards in, on , and around pianos.
 Many of us in St. Louis have tried unsuccessfully to remove his cards
neatly but his glue always wins.  He has always been a loner and for a
while we (in the St. Louis Chapter) heard that he died and we all felt bad
for a while.  However in just a couple of years he came back to life
somehow and began tuning again.  So much for the rumor.
	 All that was there was the glued card. No tuning dates or anything else.
Anyway I'll be back to the ladies house in 2..weeks for the  2nd tuning (it
was -37c).  His card didn't help him in the piano and it certainly conveyed
no information for anyone.  Some of us swear he would go into institutions
and plaster his card into any pianos he could find.  It happened in one of
my regular places.
	I wish I could find out what kind of glue he used so I could use it for
gluing in jack flanges.  :)
James Grebe in St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com