Dremel Tool

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 03 Apr 1997 18:40:48 +0000

Joseph

I use a regular Dremel (variable speed set to its lowest setting) and a bare sanding sleeve
(no guide) to do rough shaping of hammers. Starting at the strike point, with a light
touch, I let the drum run down the backs of the hammers (away from me; I'm
right-handed), repeating until I get the approximate shape I want. After doing the whole
set, I turn the action around and do the other shoulders.

It is important not to move the tool against the rotation of the sanding drum or else it will
want to dig in. Going with rotation, you have more control and I was able to do a
competent job on my first set of hammers. Strip sanding with medium and fine grits
finishes the job.

Tom Cole

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT