CAUT Salaries

RPT sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu
Fri, 04 Apr 1997 13:45:54 +0000

Attention CAUTs,  I need your help!

Soon I will be presenting my case for a salary increase. I have asked for
a copy of the most recent CAUT survey which was done in 1990 in the hopes
that it will contain useful (but dated) salary information to support my
request.

I hope that all of you who are CAUTs with salaried positions will
consider answering this survey.  Your answers will be kept strictly
confidential as long as you respond to me, and not to the list:

sethile@msumusik.mursuky.edu

Again, please don't reply to the list unless you want your information to
appear on the list.  I will compile the responses and post the results
back to the list so as to protect our identities.  I will also add the
results to the CAUT page. A more comprehensive CAUT survey is being
discussed and should happen latter this year, but many of us may find
this information valuable now.  I know I will.  Please respond to this
survey.

------------------------------ Position Information
-----------------------------
Position Title:

Brief description of your position:

Term of position: (10 months:  , 12 months:  ,  other:  _________________)

Years in position:

Years of experience:

Degrees earned:

Salary:

Benefits (brief description):

---------------------------------------- School Information
-----------------------------
Approximate number of music faculty:

Approximate number of music majors:

Number of technicians on staff (including you):

Approximate number of pianos in your department:

Profile of the music department or music school. Please rate from 1 to 5
(1 being low profile, meaning most of musical academia will not have
heard of it. 5 being high profile, meaning one of the top 25 music
schools):
----------------------------------------- end of survey
--------------------------------

Thank you very much for your participation,

Scott

Scott E. Thile, RPT
Piano - Instrument Technician
Department of Music