Piano Books

EugeniaCar@aol.com EugeniaCar@aol.com
Sat, 05 Apr 1997 07:22:02 -0500 (EST)

In a message dated 97-04-05 04:15:53 EST, Tunapiana@AOL.COM writes:

<< By the way, there is a good book called "Pianos and their makers" by
Alfred
 Dolge, and it has a lot of historical piano stuff in it-it is good
 reading....

Greg,

You're right--that's a great book. Another really good book is "Giraffes,
Black Dragons, and Other Pianos." I think the author's last name is Goode but
I can't check because it hasn't found its way back from the last person I
loaned it to (and I don't remember who he/she is either). In addition to its
title, there's lots of really good stuff about how those incredible people
developed our "Black Dragon."

Gina Carter