Jumping Pins

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 16:27:54 -0500 (CDT)

>...You might go ahead and try PBR(like Garfield), thinned down, just to eve=
>things out, cheaply.
>
>Guy Nichols, RPT
>nicho@lascruces.com

Dear Dick, Guy, List,

My first thoughts were to try thin CA glue on one or two pins.  What a neat
fix it would be, if it even things out as well.  Looking forward to my next
jumping pin encounter.

>...you may just have to fight it!  Repinning would cost
>more than the piano's value...
>Dick RPT

I recall settling in on one old church upright in a basement that had this
condition long ago.  I just accepted its circumstances and did just as you
said, not only fight it, but wrestle it and conjole it as well.  That was
some match.  I'd like to meet that piano again armed with these new ideas
:-)

Keith A. McGavern
kam544@ionet.net
Registered Piano Technician