Rippen Repair

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Tue, 08 Apr 1997 20:01:36 -0400 (EDT)

Debra,
I also have a Rippen. My model has a fold-down keybed. The case tilts
forwards and the hinged keybed is lowered and stored in the lower portion
so the vertical standing case is a space saver. It was used on boats.
It has an aluminium plate and sectionaI pin block,  plastic keys riding on
sliding pins, and all those snap in flanges.
I wrote to Andr=E9 a while ago and he wished me luck. The company is out=20
of business and no parts are available to his knowledge.

Want mine for spare parts? The case is shot. The rest looks like a headache.
I think it ended up here off someone's boat. It's been collecting dust in=
 the=20
back of my shop for close to 10 years. (At least it was there the last time=
looked under the plastic dust cover).

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)

At 07:22 PM 4/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have the "pleasure" of having the action from a Rippen console in the=
 shop
>for repairs.  My question to those of you who have worked on these "all"
>plastic actions concerns removal of the flanges from the rails.  The=
 flanges
>are press fitted into the aluminum channel rails.  Each flange is kept in
>place using pressure from a flat steel spring.  I have cautiously removed=
 two
>of the dampers that needed the damper spring replaced and reinserted them=
 in
>the rail.  I now need to remove approximately 30 of the hammer flanges for
>repinning.  Is there an easier way to accomplish this, with less chance of
>damage, other than gently prying?
>
>My next question relates to the above wording - "less chance of damage". =
 If
>indeed some of these flanges do break during removal/insertion, does anyone
>know of a supplier that carries plastic parts for Rippens (most likely a
>European supply house)?  Also, I need to find a pair of pedals (very
>non-conventional) or I will have to have them fabricated at a local machine
>shop.
>
>Thank you in advance.  I will be out of town for a couple days and look
>forward to any replies when I return.
>
>Debra Legg
>Dunedin, FL

Jon Page