Young-Chang

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 09:18:12 -0500

James,

   Is this "slipping out" caused because the jacks aren't set correctly in
relation to the knuckle to start with? Or because of glazed, hard knuckles
as was mentioned in one of the PianoDisc posts? Combination of both? If
glazed, maybe that "fix" would help here.

>        My main problem with Y-C grands is that the jack slips out from
>under the knuckle on harder blows  and the note will not fire and must be
>re-positioned on many of the notes, also true on the Wurlitzer Y-C's.

   You do have one of slim shank, Yamaha type of tools don't you? If not,
by all means get one. I haven't done many Young Chang's, but that tool has
worked great for me on other brands where clearance is a problem.

>There is very little clearance to get the tool thru the dowels in front of
>the regulating screws.
>James Grebe from St. Louis

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT