taxes - soaked for extra $

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 07:31:54 -0400 (EDT)

When I moved 5 years ago, I was worried about having to pay capital
gains on the section I used for business. A CPA looked at my previous
tax records and said that since I only claimed expenses (utilities, property
tax, mortagage interest) on the business percentage and not depreciated
that area, I need not pay capital gains. Saved me about 5K.
So, I'm not depreciating real property now either.
Now I import data from Quicken to TurboTax. What a breaze. I only have to
make sure I have entries in Quicken earmarked for the proper tax form.
Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)