"Ticks" on a Harpsichord

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 11:25:23 -0500

John,

   I love it. I KNEW when I posted that that someone would "pick it up".
My only question was how long it would take. :-) I was starting to be
disappointed that no one had yet, but..........

   Congratulations! You're the winner! Thanks.

Avery

P.S. Ask your wife if Hartz would be a good brand, or should I go with a
specialty collar since it has three legs instead of four? :-)

><< Re: "Ticks" on a Harpsichord >>
>
>I've found that a hot match, or the like, on the very tail end of the tick
>will make it back off and leave. You want to make sure that you catch these
>ticks before they do much damage as your harpsichord is likely to develop
>Lime disease. Of course your harpsichord may end up being a Lemon!
>
>John Elving, RPT
>
>ps. - My wife suggests you invest in a good flea collar for the harpsichord
>after treating it for ticks.

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston