Bass String Shelf Life

Avery Todd atodd@UH.EDU
Sun, 13 Apr 1997 09:16:30 -0500

John,

   Thanks for the private message. :-)

>What is the "shelf-life" of bass strings... any ideas?

   I've always heard "not too long" to be at their best.

>John Musselwhite, RPT

   I was left with several sets of strings for Steinway L's when I came
here so I've got to try at least one of them. There's about 3 sets that
have been hanging all this time and 2 or 3 coiled in boxes.
   If I had to guess, I'd say the hanging ones have a *better* chance of
still being usable, at least for practice room pianos.

Avery

Avery Todd, RPT
Moores School of Music
University of Houston