Testing 1,2,3,

Joel Rappaport joelr@flash.net
Wed, 16 Apr 1997 11:20:32 -0500

David ilvedson wrote:

> For some reason I was dropped from the list and had to subscribe
> again.  This has happened before, has anyone else been dropped?

Yes, last month our mail server disks got full and they bounced back
messages from PianoTech List.  If there is a delay, the BYU computer
will de-activate you and you have to send an email messge to
listserv@byu.edu, no subject, and in the body of the message, "set
pianotech mail ack" to "activate your account" again.  I did that and
got a reply that I was not subscribed anymore.  I guess if too many
messages are bounced back, the computer at BYU won't stand for that and
automatically removed me from the list.  So I had to do as above, only
put in the body of the messge, "subscribe pianotech <inswert your name
here>"

Now all is well again.

----Joel