1907 steinway upright

jptuner jptuner@asan.com
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 09:11:17 -0400

hello again all,
                 Thank you all for your posts on my 1907 steinway.I know
what to do now but how do I now convince them that after I told them
$2,000 that they now have to change the damper levers and possible
whippens running close to $4,000 thats not going to go over to well.
I was going to call them back and tell them I want to see the piano
again because when i was there I did not have to much time to spend and
I like to go over it again to make sure I didnot miss anything,and then
tell her,or tell her over the phone to go for the whole job and give her
the price with parts and labor,I did give her a price of $1200 for
changing just the hammers with reglueing jacks and regulation,I should
steer her this way if she dont want the whole job that might get her to
go ethier way.Please I need some good bussiness advice in this matter.
                           jptuner