shop-built tilter? (was Re: Loose pinblock

Mon, 21 Apr 1997 12:57:25 -0700

John,

Ah, well, someday, maybe I'll learn how to say what I mean, etc.

The 2x2s are glued individually one to another, with drilled and
countersunk screws on 4" centers.  Then the next 2x2 is glued on and
screwed on  the same 4" centers, offset 2" from the preceding screws.  This
alternates through the entire width of the desk.

Clear as mud - right?

Anyway, there have been some other benches suggested that would be an awful
lot less trouble to build, and much lighter.

Best.

Horace

>In a message dated 97-04-18 14:47:40 EDT, Horace Greeley writes:
>
><< My table is made up of 2"x2"x60" maple "glued and screwed" to a depth of
> 45", then planed very flat. >>
>
>Horace -
>
>Where do you find drill bits long enough to be able to screw to a depth of 45
>inches? And does it take an extra person to help guide it so you don't have
>to worry about drilling at the wrong angle?
>
>John Elving, RPT

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"Always forgive your enemies,
		nothing annoys them so much.