How Do I use This Hand-held Coil Maker?

arnold1@mindspring.com arnold1@mindspring.com
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 17:12:18 -0400 (EDT)

A technician friend bought the $11 version of the Scortino coil maker, but
it came with no instructions, and the people where he bought it didn't seem
to know much about it.  He has sent it to me and says that, if I can figure
out how to use it, I can keep it.  It is the one that looks like a long
cylinder, with a screw and wing nut at one end, and a protrusion on the other
end, beside the hole that I suppose the tuning pin is inserted into.  I
assume I adjust the screw and wing nut to determine how far onto the pin the
device goes, but what then?  What is the protrusion for?  How do I hold the
string as I am winding the coil?  Thanks in advance.

Arnold Schmidt, Raleigh, NC, arnold1@mindspring.com

`[1;32;47mNet-Tamer V 1.05.1 - Test Drive