Viruses

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:46:52 -0400

A virus is not fun.  Some how I pickup one up (I do practice safe se, er
computing).

This virus was a strange one.  It was small and attached itself to the boot
record of any disk it infected and waited for a file of about 200,000 bytes
to appear at which time it trasted the Master Boot Record.

I spendhours and hours trying to find all the disks that were infected using
Norton Anti-virus to disinfect all the floppies and hard drives around here.
I am still not sure that I have gotten them all.  What a royal pain.

Please do practice save;
        sex
        computing
        faxing
or anything else that exposes your .. parts.

        Newton
        nhunt@jagat.com