Piano Tilters

DICK BEATON rbeaton@initco.net
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:44:41 -0600

There are a couple other things you can do to avoid a BIG mishap.  Put a
piece of thick carpet where the casters will touch....they dont roll so
easy on carpet....also i have used rubber mutes to lock the casters.  One
more thing....run the wheels of the tilter up on something to get it
elevated a bit so the casters won't hit thye floor so soon....you want the
piano to be near verticval at the moment the rear casters toubh the
floor....good luck.
Dick RPT MT

----------
> From: Maxpiano@aol.com
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Piano Tilters
> Date: Tuesday, April 22, 1997 2:42 AM
>
> Warren and list -
>
> I almost had your experience once and was able to push the piano upright
just
> in time.
>
> What works for me without using clamps is:
>
> 1.  Make sure all four casters are pointing up (away from the floor)
before
> you start letting the piano down.  This requires hitting the right spot
and
> not jarring the piano as you let it down.
>
> 2.  As the rear casters touch (double check that they are still point
AWAY