Baldwin/Hamilton bridle straps

Dianne Salem dsalem@pop1.fullerton.edu
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 11:22:23 -0700

Has anyone run into the problem of a Baldwin / Hamilton upright having a
clicking noise when notes are played -- coming from the bridle strap /
bridle strap wire connection.  I have been able to eliminate the clicking
(coming from many notes), but wanted your opinion on exactly what causes it
at the end of the bridle strap.  You could "flick" the top of the bridle
strap wire and hear the clicking -- but the wire is firmly grounded. Is it
that the end of the bridle strap is too stiff??

Also, can anybody tell me what make of Grand Hammers have a light green
underfelt?  Appreciate it...

Thanks!
Dianne R. Salem
Cal State Fullerton