Baldwin/Hamilton bridle straps

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 09:00:03 -0500

I'll give that one a try, even though I thought that they
are rattling because they have become hard, and rattle around a
slightly enlarged  hole.  But if that does not work, or they are too
brittle, usePVC-E as Jim
suggested. Or Sobo available in any store that has a sewing section.
Comes in a better appicator, and handy size for your kit.    Rubber
cement works also.  Use a tooth pick to apply.
R Moody
	ps And thank you all for not recomending squeezing the briddle
wires.
It seems every job I do that was done, and what a botheration to pry
them back with a thin blade screwdriver.

> From: Mark Graham <magraham@baldwinw.edu>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: Baldwin/Hamilton bridle straps
> Date: Tuesday, April 22, 1997 9:23 PM
>
> When I run into that situation, I usually just work the tab of the
bridle
> strap around till the hole is enlarged slightly, and the problem
> disappears. It's a fairly common problem, and not just on
Hamiltons.