Kawai Question

Wed, 23 Apr 1997 15:03:30 -0700

Avery, et al,

I've only seen 2, but they were both _superb_ instruments.

Out of the box better than most anything else.

Depending on projected use, 1 - 2 days of serious prep, and a dynamite piano.

Notable is that this instrument, along with the Yamaha CFIIIs, is coming to
be the instrument of choice in several international piano competitions.

My own approach has been to treat the two I have seen as I would a good
Hamburg.

More information, thoughts, etc. if you wish.

Best, and good luck!

Horace

>List,
>
>   Does anyone have any experience with the Kawai EX? I think that's the
>correct model designation. The new, expensive model concert grand.
>   What I'm primarily interested in right now are comments about the sound,
>feel, etc. Any personal experience with it, either as a performer or
>technician.
>   Any technical type comments would be welcome too, of course. (Gotta keep
>it relevant.) :-) I've had no experience with it at all and am interested
>in finding out anything anyone would like to share.
>
>Avery
>
>P.S. BTW, Don M., you're more than welcome to comment on it too. :-)
>
>_____________________________________
>Avery Todd
>Moores School of Music
>University of Houston
>Houston, TX 77204-4893
>713-743-3226
>atodd@uh.edu
>http://www.uh.edu/music/

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"The defining statistic of death is that it has a one to one ratio."

		- George Bernard Shaw

LiNCS				voice: 415/725-4627
Stanford University		fax: 415/725-9942