Bridges continued

Ron Nossaman nossaman@southwind.net
Wed, 23 Apr 1997 19:02:24 -0500 (CDT)

Hello again Richard,

I still think the bridge would crush as you describe as the strings are pushed up the pins by expansion. The result of either described scenario would be the same type of top damage.

I like the pins heaving up out of the bridge idea. I've de strung more than a few pianos where the pins would probably fall out of the bridge if you turned it over. This could also explain the hammering of the bottom of the skid track I described in my la
st post. I can only see this happening in an environment of very extreme humidity swings, or in an old piano (which this is). I would think it would take a while to get to this point. Good thought.

Ron Nossaman