S&S B #496639

Thu, 24 Apr 1997 16:38:17 -0700

Dear Guy,

Just how frozen is frozen?

How do the substantive joints and the rim look?

It may be that the most charitable thing to do is to put the poor thing out
of it's misery.

On the other hand, I once got an old NY "C" (literally) in a bunch of
boxes, and looking very much like a TinkerToy set.  The victim of a home
rebuild, done by someone following a "howto" book that is occasionally
mentioned on the list.

Took two years of "spare" time.

Nice, but...

As has been asked in re: other similar projects here: "Just how much grief
do you need?"

Best, and good luck!

Horace

>List,
>	Anybody out there had much experience with pianos that have been
>frozen?
>The S&S B I just looked at sure seems like it may have. The inards are
>O.K., it seems, but the finish on the lid and the soundboard is pretty funky.
>	If you've 'been there, done that', please let me know, so we can
>compare
>symptoms. We're gonna be up against the insurance folks on this one, I fear.
>
>		Thanks,
>			Guy
>

>*********************************
>* Nichols Baldwin Music Company *
>*    311 South Compress Road    *
>*   Las Cruces, NM  88005-2713  *
>*  email:  nicho@lascruces.com  *
>*     phone:  505-524-1465      *

Horace Greeley			hgreeley@leland.stanford.edu

	"The defining statistic of death is that it has a one to one ratio."

		- George Bernard Shaw

LiNCS				voice: 415/725-4627
Stanford University		fax: 415/725-9942