Query

James Grebe pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 27 Apr 1997 22:11:50 -0500

Dear list,
	Last summer I restrung the wound string section on a Yamaha P- 22 under
warranty because of a string breakage problem.  It was then that I first
noticed that the first 2 notes past the bass break into the treble had 2
string wound unisons across the treble bridge which was pinned for  two 3
string unisons. Since then I've noticed it is true of all P-22's and on
some consoles by Yamaha also.  I thought at first it was a new thing but in
peeking at older P-22's it seems to be a normal thing.  Anyone with a clue
as to why this attribute is here on these pianos.
Thanks,
James Grebe in St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com