New Player Pianos

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Mon, 28 Apr 1997 01:52:54 -0500

----------
> From: Horace Greeley <hgreeley@leland.Stanford.EDU>
> To: pianotech@byu.edu
> Subject: Re: New Player Pianos
> Date: Sunday, April 27, 1997 10:12 PM
>

> Giving away how old I am, the solution, with the old pianocorder
systems,
> was often to voice
> the instrument

> Horace

I "found out" on the Pianocorder, (hey they ain't that old) by
turning the soft adjust pot all the way up, then turning down the
loud adjust, I could get it to barely play, and not "miss" notes.  Of
course that limited the expression, but those who wanted it soft
weren't interested in expression, they were happy with it for
background.   I always thought there should be a soft switch at least
as an option, but I didn't have the electronics knowledge to build
one.
Richard Moody