Baldwin R sustenato pedal..

JElving@aol.com JElving@aol.com
Wed, 30 Apr 1997 12:28:14 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-04-30 04:27:26 EDT, Phil Bondi writes:

<< ...would someone be willing to give me a mini-technical regarding
adjusting
 this function..some note sus, some don't..and I don't wanna make ANY
 adjustments till i hear from this list first. >>

Phil -

Sound to me like the damper wires have gotten bent fore and aft so the tabs
don't line up straight down the line. Make sure those are all lined up first,
then make sure the sost. rod itself is lined up with those tabs. Also, make
sure the dampers are adjusted so that the tabs are all the same height. Then
make sure the sost rod is 1/16 in. above the tabs when at rest (sost. *off*),
and when the pedal is depressed (sost. *on*), it should engage the tabs
(overlap, if you will) by 1/16 in.

Hope this helps.

John Elving, RPT
Sacramento, CA