Christmas business building ideas ...

Mark A. Cunningham MARK@CSTCC.CC.TN.US
Wed, 03 Dec 1997 11:32:52 -0400 (EDT)

Just as a side item for those working on building up their clientele:

You might want to consider sending a Christmas card (or 'Happy Holiday'
card) to your clientele.  Pick something that's in good taste and that
could be displayed with the rest of the families' cards if they do this.
This doesn't necessarily mean the most expensive card, though.

This seems to help generate business in December and January.

I always sign the inside of the card and maybe put a one line note,
something like "Wishing you a Merry Christmas and joyous New Year
-- (signed) Mark Cunningham".  I also put a business card inside.

I've received some good positive reponses from customers about this.

Remember -- from a marketing perspective the cheapest client to get is
the client base you already have!!!!  Cards returned by the Post Office
help you keep your mailing list clean by either deleting the customer if
they've moved out of your area or updating your records with their new
address.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else does this and the responses
you've received.

-Mark Cunningham
Chattanooga, TN

MARK@cstcc.cc.tn.us