neck pain and Wanderand

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Thu, 04 Dec 1997 08:38:07 -0700

At 09:17 PM 12/3/97 +0100, Isaac wrote:

>I am surprizes nobody talk about Wanderwand, or tuning balls.

>It solves absolutly all my back and neck pains. An the X-rays said it
>was un-curable (between the scooter, the car, the tunings, and so on)
>
>Do some tuners use these yet ?

I use a custom made one with an exotic hardwood "ball" on the end. The ball
actually looks more like an old-fashioned door-pull rather than a round
ball as it's slightly flattened with a base that the steel rod screws into.
I use the shortest tip I could find with a 15 degree angle on it. It works
beautifully, although I only use it on verticals.

For grands I still prefer the copy of an old Hale that Mike Swendsen also
made for me out of blackwood (the wood they make clarinets from). That
hammer has a LONG tip on it that was made long before WWII and it is stilll
very tight on the pins.

And you're right... the Wonderwand has taken quite a bit of the pain away
from tuning verticals.

			John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada