tomorrow

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 15:02:55 -0800 (PST)

At 06:47 PM 12/4/97 +0000, Barrie wrote:
>Dog I don't mind, cats I put up with, but what get to me the most, is
>the parrots and minor birds,  they sing the note you are trying  to
>tune.

YES!! And the canaries and parakeets (budgies) as well. I start tuning the
treble and they make a racket. I move to the bass -- they stop. I go back to
the treble -- they start right in again.

I tuned for a voice teacher once who had a cockatiel. The darned thing made
a perfect imitation of a one-sided phone conversation with a student
(pauses, sympathy and all), and then started to solfege and sing scales and
arpeggios. Broke me up.

Susan

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"Cheer up! Things may be getting worse at a slower rate."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant