Steinway Concert Grand Literature

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 05 Dec 1997 12:24:46 +0000

Hello Friends,
     I am looking for some info/literature about S&S D's to include in a
"piano dedication concert program"  I have not contacted Steinway
directly as it would be inappropriate to turn this into a commercial for
Steinway since this is a university.  What we want is just some neat
facts, history, etc. that would make for interesting reading and could
be copied and inserted in our program.
    We just purchased a new D and on 1/16/97 will have a dedication
concert for the new piano performed by most of the piano faculty and
some guest artists.  This will occur in out brand new 500 seat recital
hall and is the first major concert in it.  Yours truly--yes me--I will
also perform one short work by Debussy Prelude on this program.  This is
a real honor for me as the other persons who will play are of a very
high level.  Though I have a background as a piano major, my resume' as
a pianist is pale compared to all of theirs.
    I would appreciate your help, and prayers in this matter as I am
horrendously busy at the end of our first semester in CMUs' new music
building.  If you have any ideas or have seen anything that would be
good I would sure be grateful to know.

Thank-you
Mike Jorgensen RPT
Central Michigan University School of Music

Moving to a new buiding is a great blessing, but moving a school of
music is and has been no easy task!