DOG - in piano

BSimon1234 BSimon1234@aol.com
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 19:10:39 EST

Twice now, from different people, I got a call to come out IMMEDIATELY and get
a snarling dog out of a grand piano.  Seems that it  somehow had caught its
leg in the bass strings of a grand that had its top up, and then the top
collapsed on it,  making matters worse, etc. - and the owner was afraid of
being bitten by a now slathering and psychotically mad dog.   (The first was a
Rotweiler, don't know what the second one was.) They wanted me to get it out,
NOW, assuming I would cut the strings.  I could name my price!

I hate replacing strings, especially bass strings.

Didn't go out on either call.  I told them to get some blankets and net or
"encapsulate"  the dog in several so he couldn't see or bite through them, -
then spread the strings and get its foot out.

Worked very well in both cases, the dog was out in minutes.

I just thought that this procedure might just help someone on this list,
sometime.

Anyone else ever get a call like this?

Bill Simon
Phoenix